Car rental/leasing while lookig for a buy?

Motoring questions, best buys, importing exporting, all things motors.

Moderator: Admin

Postby Al & Sue » 13 Oct 2015 21:17

Hi

Coming over full time in the new year, and thinking about car options, buying locally seems to be the easiest option, but looks pricey. so would not want to rush. Does anyone know of any options for longer term hire/lease for say a month or two while looking for a car to buy? I think the standard tourist car hire will be fine for my one week visit in December, but not so for a longer period.

I gather that if coming on retirement no duty is payable if importing a vehicle, does this also waive the requirement to have owned the vehicle for 6 months in the UK, if so that may be another option, my current UK car would not be ideal in Cyprus unfortunately :-)

Thanks

Al

Hello and without doubt recommended by most CL members is.. http://easyrentacarltd.com/web/
...and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you, no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Al & Sue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Car rental/leasing while lookig for a buy?

Postby galexinda » 14 Oct 2015 11:21

The prices for car hire drop from the beginning of November and when we needed one for 8 weeks we got a very good deal from Chris opposite Papantoniou in Kato Paphos.
galexinda

Re: Car rental/leasing while lookig for a buy?

Postby Kop end red » 11 Nov 2015 15:13

You can rent from Leo opsimos and often if you buy from him will offset the rental from the purchase price.
Sorry I don't have his no.but someone will know
Kop end red

Return to Motoring Section