More info on setting up the humax foxsat

Problems and questions on all available satellite systems, IPTV's, gadgets and other electronics ...

Postby Sinbad » 16 Feb 2011 14:10

normsat wrote:I have had a FreeSat Humax box for ages and not been able to use the EPG
YOYO has give some instructions to use but I have not been able to getting it going.
I have pmed yoyo for a lttle extra advice but unfortunately I am still not able to get it going.
If someone else knows a full proof way to get the EPG working and is willing to show me how it is done I will add the instructions to the help sheets at the top of the section.
Norman

To expand on Yoyo`s excellent instructions what helped me set mine up , some screen shots.

Watch the signal strength bars , when they go up press the "ok"button.

You get the failed to detect message , ignore and press ok.

enter postcode and move highlight to search , press ok

it then searchs for channels

click ok to save , then come out of setup

check your epg

it takes a while to build up the full weeks epg

take the dog for a walk , when you get back those gaps should have filled up. :lol:
Sinbad

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Sinbad » 16 Feb 2011 14:21

ps entering the post code can be a bit fiddly , and the signal strength may have dropped off by the time you hit search ....it did for me first time.

Just come out of setup then start again , the next time you get to enter the post code it will already be there , move quickly to search and all should be ok.

My model is FOXSAT-HDR
Sinbad

Postby normsat » 17 Feb 2011 10:39

Thanks for your help
I am sure I will not be the only one trying this
Anyone getting yours working please post results

Norman
normsat

Postby normsat » 20 May 2011 10:43

When you go to search if 11427 H 27.5 2/3 or 12422 H 27.5 ( ) it is unlikely it will find any channels.
If you use the next frequency and it is 12441 V 27.5 it then scans the available channels in, just press save and exit out of the menu.
The channels will be now available to view.
All channels downloaded are not available to view.

Norman
normsat

Postby clive of payia » 20 May 2011 11:14

Some six months ago I bought a Star Sat box from Andy Telecoms in Paphos, so much easier to manage. Just plug it in and select the Free to View channels you require. If the power goes off the box just automatically resets itself to exactly the channel you were previously watching when pswer is restored.

Seems to be more bandwidth tolerant to signal strength losses than the PACE Sky Box and also gives you an indication of the the signal strength of the various channels. When neighbours Sky boxes are showing NO Signal the Star Sat box can still receive them, eventually of course you do loose the signal. Cost euro 75.

I am using a 3.7m dish in Peyia.
clive of payia

Postby Sinbad » 31 Jul 2011 07:42

I just rembered I saved this posting from cujimmy
when the site went down in June.

cujimmy

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:53 pm Post subject: Humax Freesat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Sky reception has been appallingly bad for some time now, with lots of pixellation even if channels were available, so I decided to go for a Humax Freesat box. We have a 2.7m dish in Tala.
I have now set up the Humax receiver (Foxsat HDR) and last night Mrs CUJimmy was able to watch Simon Cowell etc without any pixellation whatsoever!
Whilst I don't get all the promised Freesat channels, I do get the EPG and BBC1, BBC2, Channel 4, Channel 5, BBC3, BBC4, Alba, Film4, Film 4+1, True Movies, Tue Movies 2,True Entertainment, More 4+1, and ITV 4+1. Reception is very reliable, with no pixellation so far. I get lots of news, music and radio channels as well.
The Humax also allows reception of non-freesat channels, which include most of the above, and also ITV 1 HD, ITV and Sky News, and many other minor channels.
Setup was a bit fiddly. I had to miss out the space in the middle of my UK postcode ie G848QB, and then wait until the signal bars were high before carrying out a freesat search. For the non-freesat search, I used "all frequencies" rather than any specific one.
Not sure why I don't get E4, Movies4Men, and the CBS channels etc on freesat however. Does anyone know? Overall, reception is much improved over Sky, and we are delighted with the result.
Jim
Sinbad

Humax

Postby cujimmy » 01 Aug 2011 21:36

Thanks Sinbad!
I can report that reception continues to be excellent with no pixellation which is a massive improvement over my Sky box.
I was also amazed to find that with only one input from the LNB (the manual recommends 2) I could watch one channel and record another OR record 2 channels simultaneously! There are however some limitations depending on which channels.
The Humax Freesat box certainly solved our Sky reception problems.
cujimmy

Re: More info on setting up the humax foxsat

Postby Sinbad » 15 Nov 2011 18:11

Recent problems with rain promoted me to have a look what can be done with non freesat channels.

I thought each time I changed to non freesat when I went back to freesat I had to re-tune .....not so.

I just need to change a menu option. :shock:
Sinbad

Return to IPTV, TV, Satellite, Home Gadgets, latest electronics Q&A.....