Tax office help with IPT refund forms

Advice and help on property matters, ask your questions here.

Moderator: Nigel-Howarth

Postby tynecastle » 16 Apr 2016 18:29

We have recently received our title deeds from the land registry in Paphos after 8 years of waiting and during that time paying developer each year their valuation of the IPT due until in the last two years when we paid directly to tax office.

Has anyone had experience of receiving help at the tax office to fill in the IPT tax refund forms. We picked the forms up a while ago from the tax office but they are all in Greek. Thought rather than use Nigel's translations we could just fill them in at the Tax office with help from staff.
tynecastle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Tax office help with IPT refund forms

Postby explodingaardvark » 17 Apr 2016 10:26

Just going through a traumatic episode trying to get a refund. The chairman of our community has processed several claims on behalf of owners. I submitted my claim a while ago but it got 'lost' so am in the process of resubmitting.

In addition to the forms you should submit a copy of your passport(s), those pages from your title deeds with all the figures and, despite having your title deeds, they have asked me for a copy of my contract of sale having the stamp from the land registry to prove that the contract was registered. Not only do they want the land registry stamp on the contract, they want the €1 receipt (pink slip) given by the land registry. They seem to be including a legal check of all documents not just documents relating to tax.

Expect long delays as they do not seem to be processing things very quickly. Maybe if they concentrated on tax matters and not legal matters things would go quicker. I bet if it was a case of you having to pay them something things would be different Talk about bureaucracy!! As far as then helping fill in forms, not sure if they would do this. If they did it for you they would have to do it for all and refunds would never get paid. Be positive and have a go yourself.
explodingaardvark

Return to Nigel Howarth's Property Advice