Out of the mouths of....................

Joke area. Place your funnies here and give us a laugh!!

Moderator: Admin

Postby amigo4lavida » 20 Oct 2016 22:19

Nigel Farage was visiting a primary school and the class was in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asked Mr Farage if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'Tragedy'.

So the illustrious UKIP leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.
A little boy stood up and offered, "If ma best freen, wha’ lives on a ferm, is playin' in the field and a tractor rins ower him and kills him, that wid be a tragedy."
"Incorrect", said Nigel, trying-not-to-sound-too-patronising, "That would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand, "If a school bus kerryin' fifty children drove ow’r a cliff, killing a'body inside, that wid be a tragedy"
'I'm afraid not', explained Nigel, "that's what we would refer to as a great loss’’.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Nicola searched the room.
"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, at the back of the room, a wee lad raised his hand and, in a quiet voice, said: "If a plane kerryin' you and your deputy ' wiz struck by a 'freendly fire' missile & blawn tae smithereens, that wid be a tragedy."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed Nigel, "and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Weel", says the lad, "it has tae be a tragedy, because it certainly widnae be a great loss, and it probably widnae be an accident either!"
amigo4lavida

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Out of the mouths of....................

Postby big bad chris » 21 Oct 2016 06:34

Nicola?
While we have time. Nothing is forever.
big bad chris

Postby Mike Strand » 21 Oct 2016 07:16

big bad chris wrote:Nicola?

Well, as it's being told in a Scottish accent (?), I guess the original was 'Nicola Sturgeon' and was replaced with 'Nigel Farage' by someone who dislikes Mr Farage & UKIP ! :D
Fight for what is right!
Mike Strand

Postby amigo4lavida » 21 Oct 2016 11:19

Well, as it's being told in a Scottish accent (?), I guess the original was 'Nicola Sturgeon' and was replaced with 'Nigel Farage' by someone who dislikes Mr Farage & UKIP ! :D

:-bd
amigo4lavida

Return to Daily Laugh ;0)