Rheumatologist @ General Hospital

This section is for members to give advise with minor medical conditions and also advice regarding where to get treatment, the section is moderated but not for medical advice now..

Postby lion » 03 Feb 2015 08:22

Yesterday I had an appoint at the General at 1pm for the rheumatologist.

I arrived paid my fee by 12.48 pm.

The list for the day was 10 patients starting at 9.30am - last one me at 1.00pm.

I sat there till 2.30pm and there were 4 patients before me so I went home for a late lunch.

Returned at 3.30pm, still 2 patients before me.

At 4.40pm it was my turn. I entered the drs. room and she said who are you? I said your 1.00pm patient!

She claimed she had been calling me and I wasn't there. I had to prove to her I was there in time. She said she was very tired now. I offered to leave.

I finally left outpatients at 5.30pm

I think its ridiculous that you have to sit on those uncomfortable chairs (they even have one of those very uncomfortable benches in orthopedics now, great for spinal problems) for that amount of time.

I waited patiently and I did not push in. I don't think I did anything unreasonable. The dr saw all patients strictly in turn, and locked the office door whilst patients were being examined.
lion

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Rheumatologist @ General Hospital

Postby Pops » 04 Feb 2015 08:12

I have always been under the impression that there is not a Rheumatologist at the General! Do you have a name for this lady? I have always had to see the private Rheumatologist that works with the hospital Angeliki Dre. But would much prefer to see one that doesn't cost a fortune!
Pops
Pops

Postby lion » 04 Feb 2015 08:13

She never told me her name.
lion

Postby b7hgf » 04 Feb 2015 09:04

I asked DR Nikos if I could see a rheumatologist in November last.Was sent to the appointments window.He said you will either get an appointment in hospital or a private appointment.I got one in the hospital to my surprise but its not till march.Just about as bad as the uk waiting time.Better remember to be on time and don't go home for my dinner.Brian
b7hgf

Postby Pops » 04 Feb 2015 09:33

Thankyou for your replies. At least I know I can get an appointment within a few days so suppose you can't have everything!!! But good to know that there is one at the General.
Pops
Pops

Return to Health topics or medical problems..