Hysterectomy at General Hospital

This section is for members to give advise with minor medical conditions and also advice regarding where to get treatment, the section is moderated but not for medical advice now..

Postby Polliarm » 13 Jul 2015 10:02

Are there any ladies out there who have had a hysterectomy at the General and would care to share their experience with me? If so, please pm your tel number/email and I will get in touch. I may have to have said operation and would like to know what to expect.

Thanks so much.

Polly
Polliarm

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hysterectomy at General Hospital

Postby tynecastle » 13 Jul 2015 12:36

Had a hysterectomy at Paphos General Hospital back in Jan 2012, used white card. Went to outpatients in Oct 2011 and was advised by consultant that it was my only option. Went in on the Thursday before Friday operation and discharged on following Wednesday morning. Really friendly doctors and staff on Ward who spoke English well and treatment very good, similar to NHS hospitals in Uk. Went back for outpatient appointment about 4 weeks after discharge for check-up. No problems and since then have had no complications, touch wood!!!!

Only thing I can't recommend is the food in the hospital. I really enjoyed the breakfast which consisted of a piece of village bread with honey and a piece of cheese (edam style) with a cup of tea. Other meals consisted of usually chicken stock with either pasta/rice soup, then boiled chicken/fish with rice and greek natural yoghurt. Most husbands/visitors were bringing food in. One Cypriot lady on my ward had her husband bring in a McDonalds. Gosh was I envious.
tynecastle

Postby Polliarm » 15 Jul 2015 15:35

Thank you for your reply.

I would appreciate the name of your gyneocologist?
Polliarm

Postby tynecastle » 16 Jul 2015 14:01

The consultant that I saw initially and who did the hysterectomy was called Dr Andreas Patsalides. He seemed the most senior of the three consultant team. It was back in 2012 so he may have retired by now.
tynecastle

Postby Polliarm » 20 Jul 2015 09:44

Thank you again.
Polliarm

Return to Health topics or medical problems..