Setting up Cyta email on an iPad

Computer problems help and guidance here.

Moderator: Admin

Postby Cheshire Lad » 21 Jul 2016 02:35

I'm struggling at the moment to set up my Cytanet email on my iPad

I'm 'adding' an account' under the Other section, but when I get to the screen for the mail server details, I'm being asked for a password for mail.cytanet.com.cy

Anyone know where I get this from - or us there an easier way on an iPad?

Thanks
CL
Cheshire Lad

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Setting up Cyta email on an iPad

Postby Bazzra » 21 Jul 2016 05:01

I would suggest you contact, or visit, your local Cyta shop. Is it not the same password as your email account?. Probably not as you would have tried that. Also have you managed to set up your Cyta account on a PC, desktop etc, it is normally easier to set up on something that is in everyday use. I also had similar problems setting up Cyta but that was several years ago and the memory recall button is busted. Good luck.
Bazzra

Postby cactuslil » 21 Jul 2016 06:24

Like Bazzra, it's a few years since I had my first iPad & had difficulty with the Cytanet account. We already had hotmail & found that so much easier to use. The Cytanet guys will be able to help you out though if that's your only account.
cactuslil

Postby lion » 21 Jul 2016 08:10

Why not ring Cyta or call in at their offices?
lion

Postby Sadie » 21 Jul 2016 09:13

My mum had problems with hers she took her pad to Cyta shop and they did it for her, you will need all your passwords for iTunes etc
We are here for such a short time.....only regret things you didn't do. Be kind and be happy :)
Sadie

Postby Cheshire Lad » 21 Jul 2016 09:49

Thanks everyone..

This from CYTA this morning:

Dear Mr. Knowles,

Thank you for your email.

You need to login to Zimbra https://mail.cytanet.com.cy/ and when you logged in then click preferences and then on the left general and there you can change your email password.

The password for incoming mail (mail.cytanet.com.cy) and for the outgoing (mail-out.cytanet.com.cy) is the same and is the password that you’ re trying to reset from the Zimbra page.
Cheshire Lad

Return to Computer help Section