Dealing with a Bereavement on the Island..

Dealing with Bereavement on Cyprus.

Moderator: mo watt

Postby Jim » 23 Feb 2012 10:48

At some point this could effect many of us here, what would be the steps needed to take regarding funeral arrangements?, who do you need to see to get needed documents?, who will you be dealing with?, repatriation should you or a love one request?, the cost's involved?, funeral directors?, cost of interment? etc., I do know this will not be a pleasant subject but I feel it needs to be done.

I will if members wish set up a devoted section to this topic only if members feel it would help, I think come the time it would be, so open to suggestions on this, you can send them privately to me if you wish and I will only use information gained from this not members names..

Thank you.
Jim
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dealing with Death on the Island..

Postby vic » 23 Feb 2012 11:00

Very good Idea jim I would not have a clue where to start and it comes .
to us all in the end

Vic
vic

Postby Orion » 23 Feb 2012 11:04

Thanks Jim I think that it's a great idea, it would be good to know a place where the definitive knowledge could be found at a time of great stress.
Orion

Postby shar-pei » 23 Feb 2012 11:06

Hi

Ask my good friend maureen Watt she's a member on here. She has the funeral home Angel Guardians where Atlantic Insurance was before. She's just been awarded runner up in Business women of the year.

Jill.
a stitch in time saves nine....so my mam used to tell me.

http://www.curtainworkshopcyprus.com/.
shar-pei

Postby Pickles » 23 Feb 2012 11:15

I too can recommend Maureen, she is an absolute star and recently came 2nd in the Paphos Businesswoman of the Year awards.
I can also recommend Keith Schonfeld regarding arranging funerals at the British Cemetery in Erimi and services at St Pauls.

8)
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am!
Pickles

Postby Maggi & Tony » 23 Feb 2012 11:17

Good idea Jim, sensitive subject but information will be invaluable to many still lucky enough to live on the Island. What is the latest information on
the Cremetorium?

Maggi :-h
Maggi & Tony

Postby elaia » 23 Feb 2012 11:54

Good idea!
Angelica

Postby Pickles » 23 Feb 2012 12:03

Maggi & Tony wrote:Good idea Jim, sensitive subject but information will be invaluable to many still lucky enough to live on the Island. What is the latest information on
the Cremetorium?

Maggi :-h

Still under discussion, Clive of Peyia is still battling away and updates us of any progress

:-\
Pickles

Postby nosher » 23 Feb 2012 12:44

I would also recommend Maureen at Angel Guardians; it's in my will that she handles the arrangemnts for my repatriation to the UK if no cremation is available here. But as I intend to live till I'm around 120 I hope I won't be needing her services for a long while yet.
nosher

Postby mo watt » 23 Feb 2012 13:03

Good afternoon everyone

Certainly should anyone wish to call me for a chat or come in for a visit, or even a home visit, I don't bite!! Please feel free to call me on 96783112 and I will try my best to answer any bespoke questions, if I don't have the answer I will find out for you.

As I always say .....doesn't matter how silly you think the question is .......if you have thought of it ....then it's important!!!

I will check with ADMIN to see if they wish a section to be updated by me.

Maureen
:)
mo watt

Postby Mike Strand » 23 Feb 2012 13:30

A most definite 'YES' from me. I hadn't realised there wasn't a section already, as I hadn't felt the need to consult! :roll:
Fight for what is right!
Mike Strand

Postby Pickles » 23 Feb 2012 14:02

Mike it doesn't exist yet, Jim was just asking if we thought it'd be a good idea. I think Maureen's offer to moderate it is a brilliant idea!

8)
Pickles

Postby Charnwood Blue » 23 Feb 2012 14:05

A very good idea Jim.

However could you please organise that the serve's offered are not for me, for many a long year yet.
Charnwood Blue

Postby Jim » 23 Feb 2012 14:21

I have contacted Maureen..I will set up the section when we have some relevant information..

Open for ideas on this topic all the same. PM them to me or post here..

This post was posted some time ago (re posted from our own FAQ page) it is still relevant I think but this could give the section a start..the cost will have altered so please bear this in mind regarding this post.

BEREAVEMENT.

At some time we may have to deal with the loss of close relatives or friends here in Cyprus.

If death occurs in hospital or the deceased was receiving medical care at the time of death, then the doctor will sign the death certificates without much trouble. In other cases or when sudden death occurs then the local police must be called as in the UK and the Paphos General Hospital telephoned.

The police may ask for a statement that can be upsetting but they will only ask relevant questions and will be very understanding. There is no need to worry about this because it is normal procedure. After this the doctor who is called will issue the Death Certificate. As in the UK you should obtain as many originals of this as you think you will need: 10 or 12 will probably be about right.

The choice of undertakers is yours of course, but your doctor may offer to send a firm that he knows. You are entitled to make your own choice.

Where the funeral takes place is a matter for you to determine. Cremation is not allowed in Cyprus so the choices are restricted to either burial in Cyprus or repatriation of the body to a country where the funeral can be in accordance with the laws of that country.

If the body of the deceased is to be repatriated to the UK the undertaker can arrange it on your behalf. The cost is approximately £5,000.

The Anglican Church of Paphos Funeral Ministry
Initial action to be taken in the event of a death

1. Contact your doctor. If the deceased had been having treatment and had been seen by the doctor within the previous 72 hours, then the doctor will issue a Cause of Death Certificate.
2. In the case of sudden, violent, or accidental death, the C.I.D. department of the local police station must be informed. This is a legal requirement. The police have the right to detain the passport of the deceased, but this will be forwarded to the British High Commission for cancellation in due course.

3. Contact the Funeral Ministry Coordinator of the Anglican Church, or his deputy. The telephone numbers are:

Tim Sabben-Clare (Deputy Coordinator) 26653088 or 99532581

4. Should death occur at home, or in a Clinic or Private Hospital, ensure that arrangements are made to remove the deceased to a mortuary, by contacting:

Galini Funeral Services Agency 26950530 or 99463918 (24 hours)
Paradise Social Services Co. 26950887 or 99632481 (24 hours)

If Galini is used, the deceased will be transferred to the Galini Funeral Home opposite the Paphos General Hospital. There is no charge for storing the body. If Paradise is used, the deceased will be transferred to their storage facility and a charge is made for each period of 24 hours that the body is there.

5. The following documents are required to register the death and to complete all formalities.
Passport.
Alien Registration Certificate (brown paper booklet).
ID card (if available).
Residence Permit.
Cause of Death Certificate (original).
If CID is involved, then a Permit to Bury certificate is required from the police, plus a Coroners Report if an autopsy was required.

6. The Registrar issues death Certificates and a sufficient number should be requested at the time of registering the death. Certificates will be required for the following purposes: bank accounts, pensions, insurance policies, etc. One certificate will be retained by the Immigration Department. Each certificate costs 50c and additional copies can be produced on production of the original receipt.

7. The Funeral Ministry of the Anglican Church can assist in the complete arrangement of a local funeral in Cyprus, and can also provide assistance for the repatriation of the deceased to an overseas country.

8. Burials can take place at the Metropolitan Cemetery in Paphos, or the village cemetery in Peyia. The cost of burial plots at each of the above is:

Paphos Metropolitan Cemetery
A temporary plot costs €360.00 that is made up of €240.00 for the licence to bury and €120.00 for the opening and closing of the grave, marker cross, etc.. A temporary plot is available for a period of 10 years after which the grave may be re-used. To avoid this, the plot can be made permanent by payment of an additional €500.00, after which a proper headstone can be installed.

Village Cemeteries
The cost of a plot in a village cemetery is set by the Mukhtar and so can vary. The average price of a permanent plot is €500.00.
Please remember that our prime concern is to carry out the wishes of the bereaved wherever possible.

Thanks to Clive for this information..

copyright CyprusLiving
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Jim » 23 Feb 2012 15:18

A Guide to Funerals in Cyprus
A special report from The Cyprus Buying Guide
Not the nicest of subjects to read about I know, but this information will help you
immensely if you do, sadly, have a bereavement to deal with.
What do I need to be careful about?
First and foremost at a time of distress please sign nothing if it is in a foreign language
and you can’t read and understand it.
I’ll explain why.
Sometimes paperwork can be pushed in front of you and due to the stress you are under
having just been bereaved; you want to sign to get it out of the way.
But - no matter how persuasive someone is, please wait until someone is there who can
support you – for example The Anglican Church representatives (you do not need to be
a member of The Anglican Church). They know what the procedures are. There is no
rush to do anything, no matter what anyone says. Remember, it is very difficult to “think
straight” at this time.
Here is a very good example why you should sign nothing.
You could be signing to say you agree to the hospital or clinic to remove all organs from
the body. I am reliably informed that this does happen quite often.
This is fine if you know the deceased was an organ donor but what if they were not?
And if the body is being repatriated – what if a post-mortem is required in the UK?
The first the family know about what has happened is when the Coroner says there were
no organs so the post-mortem cannot be performed.
Can you imagine how distressing this would be?
Also, you may be told that the body cannot stay at the hospital/clinic and again, you may
be asked to “sign here” or told “I know a very good funeral service who will deal with
you”.
This “very good funeral service” may not even be regulated - so beware - and only use
reputable companies. The Anglican Church will help you with this and recommendations
follow later on in this article.
Another common event is to be told that the body has to be removed from the
hospital/clinic immediately. This is not true. The body can be transferred to a
mortuary, where it can stay as long as necessary.
No matter what anyone tells you, there is no rush. Relatives have as long as they need
to carry out the wishes of the bereaved.
The Anglican Church is quite wonderful at assisting with all the arrangements and is
extremely supportive at what is such a difficult time. Please do not hesitate to contact

them and let them help you. I can assure you, nothing is too much trouble and they are
very compassionate people at a time when you need it the most.
An important note:
The representatives of The Anglican Church in Paphos, Tim and Keith, are only
able to assist people residing in the Paphos area.
The Anglican Church does have a church and chaplain in at least the five major towns
including Kyrenia, who would undoubtedly assist with funeral arrangements - but I am
not aware of any other formal Funeral Co-ordination teams in Cyprus. If you are, please
let me know.
Let’s move on now to the formal procedures kindly provided by The Anglican Church in
Paphos. If all this seems rather daunting, do not worry.
The Funeral Ministry team are perfectly happy to, and usually do, carry out all the
registration formalities and obtain the required number of Death Certificates for the next
of kin, usually within a day or two of the initial discussion. They also retain copies of all
documentation just in case anything is mislaid.
So what are the initial actions to be taken in the event of a death?
• If a death occurs at home, you should contact your doctor. If the deceased had
been having treatment and had been seen by the doctor within the previous 72
hours, then the doctor will issue a “Cause of Death Certificate”.
• If death occurs in a clinic or a hospital, they will issue the “Cause of Death
Certificate”.
• In the case of sudden, violent, or accidental death, the local Police Station must
be informed. This is a legal requirement. The police have the right to detain the
passport of the deceased, but this will be forwarded to the British High
Commission for cancellation in due course.
• Contact the Funeral Ministry Co-ordinator of the Anglican Church, or his deputy.
The telephone numbers are:
Keith Shonfeld (Funeral Co-ordinator) 00 357 25 93 46 02 or
00 357 99 92 12 90
Tim Sabben-Clare (Deputy Co-ordinator) 00 357 26 65 30 88 or
00 357 99 53 25 81
• Should death occur at home, or in a Clinic or Private Hospital, you need to
ensure that arrangements are made to remove the deceased to a mortuary, by
contacting:
Galini Funeral Services Agency 00 357 26 95 05 30 or
00 357 99 46 39 18 (24 hours)
• The deceased will then be transferred to the Galini Funeral Home opposite the
Paphos General Hospital.

• The following documents are required to register the death and to complete all
formalities:
o Passport
o Alien Registration Certificate (brown paper booklet)
o ID Card (if available)
o Residence Permit
o Cause of Death Certificate (original)
o If CID is involved, then a Permit to Bury certificate is required from the
police, plus a Coroners Report if an autopsy was required.
• The Registrar issues death certificates, and a sufficient number should be
requested at the time of registering the death. Certificates will be required for the
following purposes; bank accounts, pensions, insurance policies etc. One
certificate will be retained by the Immigration Department. Each certificate costs
€0.85 and additional copies can be produced on production of the original
receipt.
• The Funeral Ministry of the Anglican Church can assist in the complete
arrangement of a local funeral in Cyprus and can also provide assistance for the
repatriation of the deceased to an overseas country.
Where can burials take place and how much are they?
Burials can take place at the Metropolitan Cemetery in Paphos, a village cemetery or at
the British Cemetery in Erimi. The costs of burial plots at each of the above are:
Paphos Metropolitan Cemetery (2008)
A temporary plot costs €615.00, which is made up of €415.00 for the licence to
bury and €205.00 for the opening and closing of the grave, marker cross, etc. A
temporary plot is available for a period of 10 years - after which the grave
may be re-used.
To avoid this, the plot can be made permanent by payment of an additional
€850.00 after which a proper headstone can be installed.
Village Cemeteries (2008)
The cost of a plot in a village cemetery is set by the Mukhtar (local Mayor) and so
can vary. The average price of a permanent plot is €850.00 but this does not
include opening and closing the grave.
British Cemetery, Erimi (2008)
This Cemetery is administered by the British and is within the Sovereign Base
Area (SBA). You do not have to be a member/be connected to the military to be
buried here.
Keith Shonfeld (contact numbers shown earlier on) is the current administrator
for Erimi Cemetery

The cost of a permanent plot at the British Cemetery is €800.00.
If a double plot is required, this can be requested at the time of purchase of the
original plot. The grave will be dug to an appropriate depth enabling it to
accommodate two coffins. This will cost an additional €50.00, making the total
cost €850.00.
There will be an additional charge of €350.00 to open the existing grave for the
second person to be buried and to close it afterwards.
The cost for burial of ashes is €170.00.
Dhekelia Cemetery
You can only be buried here if you have a military connection. No costings were
available at the time of writing. If you wish to be buried at Dhekelia Military
Cemetery, the plot must be pre-booked with the Cemetery Administrator before
death occurs.
The main objective as always, will be to carry out the wishes of the bereaved, wherever
possible.
Are there any other costs involved?
If you are currently a regular member of The Anglican Church, then you will not have to
pay for the priest for your service, which currently costs €274.
Sincerest thanks to Tim Sabben-Clare and Keith Shonfeld from The Anglican Church in
Paphos for this information.
Can I be cremated?
At the moment, it is not possible to be cremated in Cyprus.
However, a cremation service is imminent, as EU laws are forcing this, but the
Government are taking their time to finalise things.
It is anticipated that a crematorium may be available for use by 2010 and the site it
expected to be close to Paphos Airport.
How much does it cost to repatriate the deceased to the UK?
I spoke to Helena at Othello Health Services in Nicosia regarding this issue. They are
used by The Ministry of Defence here on the island and are regulated to the highest
possible standards.
The costs for repatriation are about the same as being buried in Cyprus, so you should
look to budget at around €3,000. This can vary slightly due to the airline used and the
weight of the body, but will include insurance and VAT.

In addition to this, you will also need to remember that you will have the costs of the
funeral in the UK, which vary according to area and to whether a cremation or burial
takes place.
Helena can be contacted on 00 357 99 60 6601.
Sincerest thanks to Helena at Othello Health Services for this information.
What happens when the body arrives in the UK?
• On arrival at the UK airport, the body will be collected by the chosen UK Funeral
director and returned to their premises
• All documentation will need to be given to the local Coroner. They will establish
whether a post-mortem examination will be necessary. (Often the paperwork has
insufficient information regarding the cause of death – so a post-mortem is
automatic – this will also depend upon the circumstances of the death. For
example, an accident will automatically be referred to the Coroner).
• Alternatively, if the cause of death is clear – then a Home Office Licence for
Cremation (if that is the preference) needs to be obtained by the Funeral
Director. This will involve a trip to London with all the paperwork, which takes
about a day.
• The sealed coffin is opened and the deceased is transferred to the local hospital
for the examination, if necessary.
• Upon completion, the body is returned to the Funeral Directors premises. It
would be usual for another coffin to be chosen, suitable for the local cremation or
burial. Viewing the deceased will depend upon the family wishes and the
suitability following the flight and examination.
• The family choose either burial or cremation.
• Local costs for this will depend upon whether there is an existing family grave in
a churchyard or cemetery. (Grave deeds will be needed for a local authority
cemetery). Alternatively, a new grave will need to be purchased or agreed.
• A church service may be wanted before the cremation or burial.
• Registration of the death is different following a death abroad. Copy death
certificates will be from Cyprus (not from the UK – unless a formal inquest is
necessary by the Coroner – again, unusual unless it is an accident). Again, the
Funeral Director may have to visit the local Registrar to obtain a “No Liability to
Register in the UK” form to authorise the funeral.
• The rest of the local funeral arrangements will follow local customs, as if the
death occurred in the UK, for example, notices in the newspapers, flowers,
charitable donations etc.
• Fees will be paid on behalf of the client for all disbursements. Many Funeral
Directors now ask for these fees in advance of the funeral. These fees will be for
the Crematorium, church fees, cemetery fees etc.

Fees vary from location to location but just using an example, for Basingstoke or
Southampton Crematorium they are around £460, Church Fees would be around
£160 (including the organist). There will be no doctor’s fees payable (as would
be the case for a UK cremation) as the Home Office or Coroner’s form replaces
these.
• Cemetery fees would be about £2000 in for example Winchester; alternatively
churchyard and grave digging fees would be about £600. Additional fees could
be flowers, obituary notices, service sheets, memorials etc. Cemetery fees,
again, vary from area to area as do Churchyard and grave digging fees.
• Funeral Directors charges vary around the UK
An example of costings follows:
Professional services, collecting from Heathrow Airport, liasing with the Coroner or
Home Office, transfer to hospital for examination (if necessary), hearse and bearers,
simple coffin and care of the deceased will amount to approximately £1,800-£2,000
pounds plus the disbursements mentioned above.
Important Note:
There is no truth in the rumour that separate fees are paid as the body is transferred by
road through each county to get to its destination. There are no such fees.
Unfortunately it is not possible to write about all the variables possible, but this should
give you a guideline.
Sincerest thanks to Iain Steel from Richard Steel & Partners in Winchester for this
valuable information.
If the body has been cremated, how do I get the ashes back to Cyprus if I
want to?
Well, this leads me on to quite an interesting story.
A lady here in Cyprus repatriated her husband for cremation to the UK. All went
according to plan, until she was told what it would cost to bring him back to Cyprus in a
titanium casket.
She decided that “her Fred” just wouldn’t accept the price she had to pay to return him
home, so she decided to take matters into her own hands.
Unbeknown to anyone but her, she made the decision to pop his ashes into a bacofoil
dish, put the lid on it and pack him in her suitcase! Well, “her Fred” arrived back in
Cyprus according to her plan.
How she managed it, no one really knows - but she did - because she said he would
“turn in his grave” if she spent any more money on his funeral!
This is probably not the way to do it, but it just goes to show what can happen….

What do I wear to a funeral in Cyprus?
Normally the same as you would wear in the UK. However, in the summer months, it is
perfectly acceptable to wear lighter clothing due to the heat. I have attended a summer
funeral where the gentlemen wore short-sleeved shirts with a black tie and lightweight
trousers. Ladies dress varies, but as a mark of respect, usually involves covering
shoulders in church.
It really is up to the individual to choose and of course respect the deceased wishes,
who do sometimes request that no one is to wear black.
At the funeral, can I choose the hymns?
Absolutely. You can do exactly what you would do in the UK. You can ask someone to
give a reading, ask for specific music to be played, organise a collection for charity
(which is often preferred as flowers die so quickly particularly in the summer months)
and so on. The Anglican Church will help arrange all of this for you so don’t worry.
Is there anything else I should know?
• Ensure you are registered here for Income Tax whether you pay it or not. There
are numerous cases where a spouse dies and the remaining partner finds their
pension is then suddenly taxed by the UK. You can register for tax after the
event, but everything takes time – particularly here in Cyprus – and in the
meantime, your income is reduced when you need it the most.
• Check your Cyprus bank account set up. Even if it is a joint account, it can still
be frozen. To avoid this, make sure if it is a joint account, it is set up “either
to sign” not “both to sign”.
The best advice is to ask your Bank Manager what would happen to the account
if one of you died. Then at least if you discover the bank account has been set
up incorrectly, you can sort it out.
I know of many instances where the bank account has been frozen due to the
account being set up incorrectly. The knock on effect of this is that the remaining
partner is then left with no money available to them.
I’ve been told that when this has happened, the surviving partner has withdrawn
all the money from the account before telling the bank about the deceased so
they are not destitute. Well, at least if you ask the question you will be prepared.
And finally….
I hope you find this information useful.
I am indebted to Tim, Keith, Helena and Ian for the time and trouble they have taken to
assist in writing this article.

From a member, many thanks to you!!
Jim
Site Admin

Postby KEITH » 23 Feb 2012 16:10

Brilliant idea this and although a very touchy subject one that needs to be looked into by everyone at some stage of their lives especially ex pats.

KEITH
KEITH

Postby jagwheels » 23 Feb 2012 16:42

I am only a visitor to Cyprus but this information could be equally helpful so gets my vote
jagwheels

Postby cymart1 » 23 Feb 2012 17:52

My father passed away in the U.K. on the 16th of December last year but as he would have been 89 in January and had a happy and generally healthy life we are grateful for this and try to see it as a blessing because his vascular dementia was becoming worse in the final months and he had mobility and heart problems too etc.
Although not directly relevant to the title of this thread I recommend the book 'Hello from Heaven' to anyone who has to deal with the loss of someone close to them and also the website after-death.com which is by the same authors and gave me a lot of comfort in facing up to the situation.Equally enlightening is the new book 'Call me when you get to heaven' by Jacky Newham and her sister Madeline Richardson who also have websites.Depending on how you see the subject Lisa Williams book 'Survival of the soul' is very enlightening,as is her website and You tube interviews.
Kind regards to all.
cymart1

Postby LouiseCastricum » 23 Feb 2012 18:57

Information for non UK expats would also be welcomed.
Louise
LouiseCastricum

Postby Jim » 24 Feb 2012 06:20

Louise if you have any information of other ex-pats please post here...although only repatriation would be different I feel.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby garry&jill » 24 Feb 2012 08:00

Great idea Jim it's a subject that affects us all
Garry
garry&jill

Postby Pickles » 24 Feb 2012 11:01

Lovely story Milo but unfortunately not all villages allow non Cypriots to be buried there. My Mother had bought property in Chlorakas in 1987, lived there permanently for the last 10 but was buried in Erimi. In hindsight it was definitely the best thing though as some Cypriot graves are not very deep and can be all squashed together!

The British cemetery is a really beautiful, peaceful place.

8)
Pickles

Postby mo watt » 24 Feb 2012 11:03

To Milo: You do not need to have a representitive of a church at the graveside, I have carried out funeral services where they wished only to have a few mostly kind words and poem/s read out by either myself or their family and friends. :)
mo watt

Postby Charnwood Blue » 24 Feb 2012 16:50

Can anyone give us an update on the Crematorium? Almost a year ago I asked about this facility becoming available on Cyprus, at the time I think the reply was it will be in operation within a year.

Not heard a dick bird since on the subject, does anyone have an update on when, or maybe I should say if the crematorium will ever become established in Cyprus.

I for one would prefer this method, rather than being consumed by bugs and worms if you are buried.
Charnwood Blue

Postby mo watt » 25 Feb 2012 06:58

its the issuing of the licence that is holding everything up ....which I believe they have problems with.
mo watt

Re: Dealing with a Bereavement on the Island..

Postby LouiseCastricum » 25 Feb 2012 09:50

The below letter was in the Cyprus Mail in December 2011:

It appears several Paphos mayor candidates considered that the Church is opposed to a crematorium for Cyprus, but both the Archbishop and the Bishop of Paphos have told me they believe it is a matter of individual choice - and neither would stand in its way.

The stumbling bock is unquestionably Central Government where, for several years, various Ministries have assured me the legal framework is “imminent” but almost a decade has passed with nothing emerging. However, a few months ago Law Commissioner Leda Koursoumba wrote to me saying legislation would be drafted in respect of funeral parlours, embalming, and crematoria before the end of this year. There is little time left to reach this deadline.

Apart from over 7,000 names registered islandwide in support, our small working group has private finance available; architectural drawings and attractive illustrations of what a crematorium would look like; units ready for import; technical expertise to hand; the English language media backing us; the British High Commission favouring a crematorium and only the matter of finding for sale or lease about 5,000 sq. metres of tranquil land, but near a motorway, proving truly problematical.

Unhappily, despite desperately overcrowded and badly maintained cemeteries, there is a complete absence of of will on the part of the Government to move forward. The view seems to prevail that all we need is an industrial zone pit where one might burn garbage. Meanwhile, there is an unwillingness to accept that there is no emission issue (there hasn’t been such for 40 years).

So please add your name to my register ([email protected]), lobby your Muhktar, and write to newspapers, magazines and the Government if you wish to change the situation.

Clive Turner,

Paphos
Louise
LouiseCastricum

Return to Dealing with Bereavement on Cyprus