Outdoor Security Cam

Problems and questions on all available satellite systems, IPTV's, gadgets and other electronics ...

Outdoor Security Cam

Postby thedon29 » 15 May 2016 15:38

Hi everyone. Looking to install a single outdoor cam located near my front door. Not sure if wireless is better or with Ethernet as I've heard advantages/disadvantages for both. Also, has to have an app we can view on our mobile phones on whose knocking on the front door.
Anyone has one installed or knows someone in Paphos who installs them, or maybe bought one from the internet?
Prefer a waterproof, with night vision. Ive seen a few on Ebay, but need some guidance before I order.

Your advice would be appreciated :-bd
thedon29

Outdoor Security Cam

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Outdoor Security Cam

Postby Mike Strand » 15 May 2016 19:35

Sounds like the local Fort Knox :lol:
Fight for what is right!
Mike Strand

Postby Jim » 16 May 2016 07:39

Don (George?) have you not noticed CL has 4 of them, in single shot mode but they are all outdoors, cost about €200 with case covers and also you may need a fitter to set it all up..if like me you have no skills at all.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby ast » 27 May 2016 10:26

I have an Arlo system on the house, at the moment two wireless cameras one front and one back although you can have up to 5, absolutely no wiring at all as the cameras are powered by battery, been up for 8 months now and never changed a battery yet and the system has never missed a beat.
can use the App on my phone to view from anywhere, can be set for motion detection and record or just to view without recording have to say very impressed with them.

Below is the Arlo website address, bought my system from Maplin UK but available on Amazon E bay etc. 8)

http://www.arlo.com/uk/
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
ast

Postby Jim » 28 May 2016 05:49

I think any aid to be a deterant to these thugs is a good thing, but by the time anyone reacts to say a break in will probably be too late, especially if you live off the island and then from another country you have to contact the server or local Police, do not think there is any answer to these criminals they do not hang around after doing the deed, I hope these IP cameras give at least some comfort to those who use them, but I doubt they will stop break-ins at all unfortunately..

Only recently a neighbor who runs a local village bar was mugged outside her house in the front garden by two of these thugs wearing ski masks, nights takings and a broken arm is seconds, the police (CID) did contact me to see if anything was caught on camera unfortunately not, I wished it had although as they were masked up you would not know who they were.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby thedon29 » 28 May 2016 10:54

Thank you everyone for your replys. Have found one now.
thedon29

Return to IPTV, TV, Satellite, Home Gadgets, latest electronics Q&A.....