Property Tax help with 2015 form

Advice and help on property matters, ask your questions here.

Moderator: Nigel-Howarth

Postby Patricia G » 15 Apr 2016 16:04

Dear Nigel,
I wish to pay my 2014 and 2015 Property tax. I am trying to fill in the (Form TD 318A) 2015 and at the bottom, the declaration says: OWNER'S/VENDORS'S DECLARATION. I am the owner of the apartment but the deeds are not transferred yet.
Who exactly is supposed to sign this declaration on the form?
Patricia
Patricia G

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Property Tax help with 2015 form

Postby Nigel-Howarth » 15 Apr 2016 19:26

Dear Patricia,

I'm afraid that you are not the owner of the property - until its Title Deed has been registered in your name it is owned by your developer.

According to a European Commission report issued a few days ago: "Approximately one third of the housing units built and sold since 2000 are still legally owned by the vendor and, with over 40,000 such cases, this is a major problem."

As you will see the form TD 318A 2015 - "must be fully completed by the vendor for every buyer/assignee/beneficial owner for properties held".

You can also get the form in Greek by clicking here.

Your developer should have completed this form last year and sent it to the Tax Department.

I suggest you visit the Tax Department taking your Tax Identification Code and as much information as you can about the property with you. (the area od the property in sqm., where the property is located, square metres of the land, description of the building e.g. house, apartment, number of rooms etc.)

The Tax Department will assess its 1980 value and calculate the Immovable Property Tax to pay. (Unfortunately they will also fine you for delayed payment.)

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Free independent information for Cyprus property buyers.
Ask your property questions on my Cyprus Property Forum.
Read the latest news at Cyprus Property News.
Nigel-Howarth
Own Section Moderator

Postby Patricia G » 16 Apr 2016 00:56

Thanks Nigel,
I do not have a Tax Identification Code. I live in Ireland but, after reading your forum, I applied at the end of January, by post, for a tax number to the Department of Taxation, 1472 Nicosia, Cyprus using (Form IR 163A) 2014 and included a certified photocopy of my passport. I have not heard from them.
I will be in Cyprus in early May and intend to pay the Property tax. Will the Tax Office accept my Irish tax number instead or my passport number?
Regards,
Patricia
Patricia G

Postby Nigel-Howarth » 16 Apr 2016 10:31

Patricia G wrote:Will the Tax Office accept my Irish tax number instead or my passport number?

The Tax Department will not accept your Irish tax number - you'll need to visit the Tax Department with your Irish passport & the completed Form 163A and details of the property.

You can find information on completing the 163A, etc. in my article at http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... id=0039392

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Nigel-Howarth
Own Section Moderator

Postby Patricia G » 16 Apr 2016 19:22

Thanks Nigel,
I found that article most helpful and yes I wish to go to the tax office with my passport and form etc. but do you have the exact address of that Tax Department where I register for a new Tax Number? My apartment is in Ayia Napa.
Regards,
Patricia
Patricia G

Postby Nigel-Howarth » 20 Apr 2016 10:29

Hi Patricia

I think the address is:

Hippocrates 2
5380 Deryneia

but I'm not absolutely sure. Their phone number is listed as 23811434.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Nigel-Howarth
Own Section Moderator

Postby Patricia G » 20 Apr 2016 16:18

Thank you Nigel.
Regards,
Patricia
Patricia G

Return to Nigel Howarth's Property Advice