Came home early this evening and stumbled across this....

Everyone is welcome to post their photos off all subjects, this section will be moderated.

Moderator: Admin

Postby juliesewell » 24 Nov 2016 22:37

I had to grab my camera and make a mad dash up to the ferry jetty to shoot it!

Otherwise, I was going to miss it....

My favourite photo of the day:

Last edited by juliesewell on 11 Dec 2016 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
Follow my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/PhotographyWeb
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Came home early this evening and stumbled across this...

Postby LouiseCastricum » 24 Nov 2016 23:03

Wow - beautiful ! :ymapplause:
Louise
LouiseCastricum

Postby RaynSue » 25 Nov 2016 08:26

Fantastic - thanks for posting
RaynSue

Postby lincoln » 25 Nov 2016 08:53

A terrific shot. Thanks for the share.
All things are possible
lincoln

Postby Mike Strand » 25 Nov 2016 09:08

A lot of dust on your lens :))

Seriously, great shot that will never be repeated.
Fight for what is right!
Mike Strand

Postby juliesewell » 25 Nov 2016 12:17

Yeah, Mike there were hundreds of birds flying over the river and then along the coast over Pilling Sands towards the marshes where they rest each evening. It was amazing to see them all. It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and luckily, we have more of the same today.
I think a bicycle ride is the order of the day!
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Postby KEITH » 25 Nov 2016 20:31

I have just done 75miles on my push bike around the Pilling and Cockerham area and although not a cloud in sight it was awfully cold.
Never mind soon be over there for Christmas and riding by bike in warmer conditions, it might rain but at least it will still be warmer than round here in the U.K.

KEITH
KEITH

Postby juliesewell » 25 Nov 2016 21:24

Keith, did we pass you today then?

If you were cold, you weren't pedalling fast enough ;)

We never cycled when we were in Cyprus although we did have a couple of road bikes in the back yard of the house for quite a while. We ended up giving one away to our landlord so one of his colleagues (a young Polish guy) could get to and from work more easily as the hotel he worked at wasn't on the bus route.

We went out today but my asthma was playing up and I had to take my reliever spray before we left (that makes me very wobbly) so we only did a tidge over 4 miles - we've been covering anywhere between 6 and 10 miles round trip on a pair of vintage Raleigh Nitro mountain bikes (my parents old ones) since we started towards the end of September. We hardly did any exercise in Cyprus!

We did let on to a number of cyclists along Sandy Lane and Lancaster Road coming out of Knott End heading towards the A588 and Garstang. But there were 2 guys who we passed on their own...

Now winter is definitely on its way, we will only cycle in the warmest part of the day. We do it for a little exercise and to keep in touch with where we are rather than for a "need" to cycle, although I have to say I think I get more fun out of it than my other half - must be the adrenaline kicking in. But, Lancaster Road and Sandy Lane are atrociously bad if you try to ride to the kerbside. The local council are supposed to be looking into them... Don't know which would be worse, here or Cyprus!

This was our little route today:
Jules,
juliesewell

Postby KEITH » 28 Nov 2016 13:14

I have bikes in Cyprus and love cycling there and go from Peyia to Kato Platres and back, also over to Pomos and back taking the road over Kathikas to Polis then follow the coast road.
To be honest now the TOK road is finished the roads are great and by far better than here in the UK.

A little ride for you from where you are based is to go down through Cockerham and towards the Stork pub near Glasson Dock bear left at the pub and there is a cyclist cafe down there called Cafe De Lune run by Janet and Bev.
Good food and brews.

Cold day tomorrow set to be -3C tonight so will have to wait till dinner to get out and that's even if it's defrosted then, roll on Cyprus.

KEITH
KEITH

Return to Photo's by members.