Help please! My pool is too warm.....

Everyone is welcome to post their photos off all subjects, this section will be moderated.

Moderator: Admin

Postby juliesewell » 21 Aug 2015 17:50

What to do?

Today at Ladies Mile Beach (Akrotiri peninsula) - it was like a warm bath :D

I'm almost up to my b u m in it taking this photo:

Kept seeing these flowers dotted about in the sand dunes too as we were approaching the beach, so I went to investigate.

Should have put my flip flops on so almost had second degree burns capturing the 3 shots I took before scarpering back to get my feet in the very clear sea.

We think the large stones in the above photo is possibly from some kind of a boat house or jetty perhaps. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Another photo here which shows what's left of it. It seems to be the only kind of building all the way along the beach (that we've seen anyway). We do tend to stay down the furthest end of the beach from Limassol port as we approach it from the slip road behind Ryan's Grill near the RAF base - so we only go to the places near the first 2 restaurants (Lady's Mile Restaurant and Oceania Bar).

Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
Follow my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/PhotographyWeb
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Help please! My pool is too warm.....

Postby suetal » 21 Aug 2015 19:49

Hi
Beautiful pics as always
Sue
suetal

Postby juliesewell » 21 Aug 2015 20:27

:) Thank you!
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Postby brendagreen » 22 Aug 2015 10:18

Lovely pics. Interesting to know what you find out about stones.
brendagreen

Postby mouse » 23 Aug 2015 12:42

Interesting problem, we too had the same trouble, the only solution I saw was to construct a pergola to shade the pool from the sun. We live close to the sea and in the end filled the thing in and now grow bananas there.
My worst nightmare. To own a car which is "FULLY LOADED"
mouse

Postby juliesewell » 23 Aug 2015 18:42

mouse wrote:Interesting problem, we too had the same trouble, the only solution I saw was to construct a pergola to shade the pool from the sun. We live close to the sea and in the end filled the thing in and now grow bananas there.

=))
Jules,
juliesewell

Return to Photo's by members.