Tochni / Toxni Village - traditonal village, Cyprus

Everyone is welcome to post their photos off all subjects, this section will be moderated.

Moderator: Admin

Postby juliesewell » 15 Apr 2016 18:53

No idea how I came across these again today but if anyone fancies anything a little bit different for a change, you may fancy exploring Tochni Village (it comes under Larnaca district) and very close to Governors' Beach. There are a few local eateries and the beach restaurants down at Governors' or even Zygi aren't that too far away.

More about the village and some places to stay: http://www.cyprusvillages.com.cy/ plus (there are some great "traditional" Cypriot village houses) and they often come up on the Daily Deals or Skroutz.com.cy websites too.

We went on a public holiday in June 2014 (Kataklysmos) - a few photos to share:

For the animal lovers:

Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
Follow my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/PhotographyWeb
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Tochni / Toxni Village - traditonal village, Cyprus

Postby Nigel-Howarth » 15 Apr 2016 19:46

Tochni is a lovely village and there are several excellent walks in the area.

I was there with a group of walkers a few years ago and was talking with an elderly English lady in the group. As we walked into the village several people greeted her 'good morning madam'. She and her husband paid for electricity to be brought to the village in the early 1950s and they also founded one of the private schools in Limassol. (I can't remember her name)

Sadly 84 Turkish Cypriots were massacred there in August 1974 by members of EOKA B and Greek soldiers.

Regards,
Nigel Howarth
Free independent information for Cyprus property buyers.
Ask your property questions on my Cyprus Property Forum.
Read the latest news at Cyprus Property News.
Nigel-Howarth
Own Section Moderator

Postby RaynSue » 17 Apr 2016 08:24

Yes, a lovely village to explore along with it's neighbours Kalavasos and Pendakomo. Fabulous photos as usual Julie :P

We stayed in a renovated Cypriot village house in Pendakomo on holiday a couple of years before we moved here permanently and found it a good central area to explore from.
RaynSue

Postby juliesewell » 17 Apr 2016 16:43

Thank you for the lovely comments RaynSue :)

I always had an inclination to stay in Pentakomo too but could hardly justify it really seeing as it was pretty close to where we are in Limassol.

Ah well, maybe if we return on holiday at some time in the distant future... ;)
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
Follow my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/PhotographyWeb
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Return to Photo's by members.