Red Arrows

Everyone is welcome to post their photos off all subjects, this section will be moderated.

Moderator: Admin

Red Arrows

Postby juliesewell » 22 May 2016 20:22

Amazing how after 12yrs of living in Cyprus and just a smidgen of kms from RAF Akrotiri and the Red Arrows training base, how come the first time I actually manage to get any photos of them was just last night from Knott End as they performed a display some miles away over Blackpool Pleasure Beach :-?

Very difficult to track them from our position by Knott End slipway/jetty and the river walkway as we made our way back towards home across the golf course but whilst waiting and in between the display I grabbed a few photos that I was very happy with....

It had been a miserable start to the day with some heavy rain in the morning as we were shopping in Cleveleys but luckily, it brightened up in time for the display which started a little after 6.30pm.

Fleetwood Ferry and Lighthouse from Knott End Slipway

Wind Farm out towards Morecambe Bay - taken from the jetty at Knott End

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside - even the seagulls join in!

Wind turbine near Freeport retail village - Fleetwood it always seems huge!

Even the Red Arrows look small against the turbine

"Sea Dyke Cottage" on the banks of the River Wyre

Headed for home via the golf course

The pathway to our door

Mum brought Dad round to the house today in his wheelchair and he had his first "grand tour" of the place as we've now got a few rooms cleared of boxes so he had a straight run through from the front door and as far as the conservatory doors to the garden.

Bedroom furniture arrives on Tuesday morning "there's no veneer in 'ere" ;) and hopefully we shall get rid of some more boxes after that. We have a friend flying over from Jersey in just over 2wks for a couple of nights so we want to be fairly straight by then. It will be a big change for her too as her holidays have always been to our bungalow in Cyprus. She has family at Cleveleys but has never been this side of the river Wyre....

Today turned out a very nice day and I sat outside the front of the house in my deckchair with my Kindle in a T-shirt! Oh, and I've even managed to find some bottled KEO (being delivered tonight) from Morrison's 3 for £5 (63cl bottles) :D
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
Follow my photos here: http://tinyurl.com/PhotographyWeb
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Red Arrows

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Red Arrows

Postby lincoln » 22 May 2016 20:38

Cyprus Keo.jpg
beer-chugger.gif
Lovely photos. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All things are possible
lincoln

Postby LouiseCastricum » 22 May 2016 21:40

Thanks for the nice photo's and enjoy the Keo !
Louise
LouiseCastricum

Postby jagwheels » 22 May 2016 22:13

Yep some great photos Jules :-bd OK you only managed to capture 6 of the Reds. So what the hell? Golf bunkers look good but bet the lads & lassies at the bowling club would love to see themselves on CL :lol:
jagwheels

Postby juliesewell » 23 May 2016 10:24

Knott End WM Bowling club members on CL, jagwheels?

They've already gone "worldwide" in 2015 when I "shot" a few of them in the Presidents Cup match. Posted on flickr, even one of my Dad's name on one of the boards when he won the Cup there in 1994:

Love this one :D

PS - we're now social club members of KEWM Club (£17 for the first year then £7 a year after that). Bowling Club membership is £28 a year with a renewable Club membership of £7 so £35 a year in total.

Another bright and sunny day today with blue skies up ahead - we're off on the bus to Lancaster for the day :)
Jules,
Busy exploring England's green & pleasant lands since May 2016 after 12yrs in Cyprus.
juliesewell

Location: Previously Ypsonas, Limassol (Mar 2004 to Apr 2016) Now: Knott End on Sea, UK

Postby Alan Else » 23 May 2016 19:54

We stood at Episkopi main gate one day back in the 60s as they approached from the sea and disappeared hidden by the cliff then suddenly they appeared vertical, no digital cameras or mobiles with cameras in those day, I don't think that they were the red arrows back then.
John..
Alan Else

Postby Jim » 24 May 2016 06:00

They always did a show over Pafos harbor for many years, it always attracted a huge crowds who went on to spend money in the area, the Mayor of that time in a brilliant move banned them, why? because he said it was too noisy, talk about stupid decision that was pure genius one.

Jim
Site Admin

Postby emgee » 24 May 2016 10:53

Were you in your glider above them Jim?

Alan

:ymdaydream:

Alan no I was strapped to the tail of that single seat'er mono plane you can just see...no parachute either ...Jim
emgee

Postby Durian Muncher » 25 May 2016 23:23

juliesewell wrote:
Another bright and sunny day today with blue skies up ahead - we're off on the bus to Lancaster for the day :)

A finer place for a day out you could not wish for. :)
Durian Muncher

Postby juliesewell » 26 May 2016 10:38

We had a lovely day DM, although at the mercy of the bus service which bypasses Glasson Dock twice on its' route and seems to go all round the houses so just over an hour in each direction.... it meant we didn't have quite as long as we wanted really because we had left the dogs in the house.

The last time we were in Lancaster was with my stepson when he was little and we visited the castle. So this time it was nice to spend time in the main part of the city. We will return again once we have our own 4 wheels...

What's the significance of the monument to the Captured Africans?

Good to see this post lady on her bicycle by the old bridge:
Jules,
juliesewell

Return to Photo's by members.