Airplay icon missing on iPad Air

Digby's Internet problems and advice, regarding all aspects of life on the Internet..

Moderator: holitec

Postby sunbeam » 10 May 2014 14:21

The airplay icon has disappeared on my iPad Air. We have recently subscribed to Cosmonet with 6mbs connection and the black router. All was fine initially but then the airplay disappeared intermittently and we had to keep turning off the Apple TV and internet connection to force the ipad to reconnect. Unfortunately for the past 2 days we have been unable to get the Airplay icon to reappear despite rebooting everything. We have an Apple TV3 have wasted hours trying to fix this problem as we now cannot watch UK TV on the television. We took the ipad and Apple TV to a computer shop and the Airplay reappeared when tested. Does anyone know what is causing this problem?
sunbeam

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Airplay icon missing on iPad Air

Postby MacManiac » 10 May 2014 19:50

Sadly it's a well-documented bug, and the Apple Support Forums are full of moans and groans. Recommendations include ensuring Bluetooth is turned off, and to reboot router and iPad. Even then it is hit and miss, I am afraid.
Our Cyprus Dream

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim.

Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you. (Ovid)
MacManiac

Re: Airplay icon missing on iPad Air

Postby sunbeam » 12 May 2014 07:35

I am very pleased to say that my Airplay problem has been resolved (at least for the time being). The service from Cosmonet was excellent. I explained what had happened and a technician called the next day and managed to get the Airplay icon back and it is still there. I am very impressed with the Cosmonet service and their willingness to do their best to help even though this is more of a problem with the Apple software rather than the internet connection. Makes a really nice change from complaining about the lack of service so many companies provide.
sunbeam

Return to Internet problems and advice