who "broadcasts" wireless broadband from Melissovounu hill

Digby's Internet problems and advice, regarding all aspects of life on the Internet..

Moderator: holitec

Postby ronk » 06 Aug 2014 22:09

Melissovounu..(is what I think it's called) is just East of Tala/north of Tremithousa. Many of you will know where I mean (I didn't know the name til I Google-mapped it) - it has loads of masts etc on it

I have seen a variety of internet antennae (no they're not TV aerials) on a number of houses in the Tala area which are pointing up to the big mountain.

Does anyone know which of the local firms offering "wireless" internet (e.g 5ghz MiMO) "broadcast" signals from that mountain top?..I was told that there were 2 or 3 of the local outfits offering "wireless (5GHz) broadband" were "broadcasting" their signal from up there..but I amnot ceratin of that ..so say the land belongs to the Church (Agios Neofytos?)
ronk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: who "broadcasts" wireless broadband from Melissovounu hi

Postby Pickles » 07 Aug 2014 07:15

I'm assuming you mean the big hill where Stephanie district is located? I have always believed the masts to be TV only because that's what friends living there have said.

8)
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am!
Pickles

Re: who "broadcasts" wireless broadband from Melissovounu hi

Postby ronk » 07 Aug 2014 10:50

that's right..up "Stephanie Avenue" (Eleutheria Avenue?)..past Lofos on the right..and way on up again. As you say there's all sorts of stuff up there and it's where the TV aerials point. Maybe what I thought were internet "dishes/antennae" (different types are for TV)..but most people's TV aerials seem to be the standard type.

This is the sort of thing I've seen pointing to the hill:

or

ronk

Return to Internet problems and advice