Sunset Breeze - near Cynthiana Beach Hotel

Private only recommendation's to bar, restaurants and taverna's no business's adverts please and no hyperlinks, use PM's or Emails for those, thank you..

Moderator: Admin

Sunset Breeze (Holly's old Restaurant!)

Postby Pops » 04 Mar 2013 21:08

Went down to see what was going on and a notice saying 'Opening Soon' and called 'Sunset Breeze'
Pops
Pops

Sunset Breeze (Holly's old Restaurant!)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Holly's old Restaurant!

Postby LindaK » 04 Mar 2013 23:36

Excellent news. Good to have another restaurant (I assume it is) in walking distance of our apartment.
Their: it belongs to them; there: not here; they're: they are
LindaK

Re: Holly's old Restaurant!

Postby Pickles » 05 Mar 2013 07:00

Linda you don't say where your apartment is but this in where Holly's used to be near the Cynthiana in Kissonerga!

8)
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am!
Pickles

Re: Sunset Breeze (Holly's old Restaurant!)

Postby LindaK » 06 Mar 2013 13:09

Yes, exactly. We are in Kissonerga. We went to Holly's a couple of times, until the owner was unspeakably rude to us one night (I think she may have been drunk), and then we never returned. It will be lovely to have something new there.
LindaK

Postby Pickles » 06 Mar 2013 13:37

Linda you weren't the only ones they were rude to don't worry about it - they moved back to the UK I believe. Look forwards to your review of this new place when you've been.

8)
Pickles

Postby Jim » 06 Mar 2013 16:07

I must admit the owner was a challenge, she was very off putting but I can say the food was great service also OK we just ignored her completely, in fact we found it all very interesting, I hope they have a settled life back in the UK. :-w
Jim
Site Admin

Postby LindaK » 06 Mar 2013 16:25

Yes, I agree that the food was good. We went there slightly out of season once, in the evening, but they were open, though we were the only people there. We were greeted very politely by a young man (son, maybe??) and given menus, complimentary bread and a drink order was taken and supplied. Then whatever her name is came to take our food order and we got "haven't got that", followed by "that's off" and other variations on the theme until we finally said, "why don't you tell us what you HAVE got...". It was a short list and there was nothing for a vegetarian, which I am. At this point she became very nasty, implying that I must be out of my mind to walk into an open restaurant and hope for a vegetarian meal, when there were several listed on the menu!! We asked for the bill for what we had consumed already and said we would never trouble them again.

I will be delighted to give some feedback on the new venture. I wonder when it's opening.
LindaK

Postby Pops » 17 Mar 2013 14:13

Been out to Sunset Breeze this morning and they are opening next Friday 22nd March. They have their menu on display outside but we didn't read it.
Pops
Last edited by Pops on 18 Mar 2013 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Pops

Postby Pops » 18 Mar 2013 11:53

AR sorry have amended it now. 22nd March!!
Pops
Pops

Postby Pops » 24 Mar 2013 14:36

Just popped into Sunset Breeze for a drink. Very busy and very well done out. Staff very professional and a lovely menu. Not a very large menu but good all the same, the food coming out looked delicious. As from next week they will have a lunch menu as well and as from next Sunday they will be doing a Sunday Roast.
Well worth a visit.
Pops
Pops

Postby LindaK » 01 Apr 2013 09:15

We went in for a coffee a couple of days ago and were exremely impressed with the attitude of the owners (I think they were) and staff. We were handed 10% off vouchers when we left and went back that same evening for dinner. It was excellent. There was a limited choice for me, being vegetarian, but what I had was delicious. They had some problems with kitchen equipment, teething troubles I suppose, and lost electricity at one point, but gave us free drinks to compensate for any inconvenience. We'll be going back. What a difference!
LindaK

Postby Pops » 02 Apr 2013 13:52

Linda quite agree. We went for Sunday lunch and it was very good. As you say the staff and the owners are excellent and the Boss told us if we have any suggestions or complaints then to tell him. Also his wife makes all the desserts. Very good all round.
Pops
Pops

Postby Ageing Rocker » 02 Apr 2013 16:32

We went in there just for coffee today and I have to say that the menu, which included some unusual touches, looked interesting. Will definately be going back for food one evening soon. Prices not the cheapest but I don't mind paying a little extra for good quality and something unusual.
Happily retired and spending our children's inheritance!
Ageing Rocker

Postby peyia1 » 05 Apr 2013 17:53

Went here for lunch today and it was excellent. Thought the prices were very reasonable and the owners and staff are lovely. would definately recommend it and will most certainly be going back.

Peyia1
peyia1

Postby chrisjo » 20 Apr 2013 21:01

Made a visit this afternoon, the restauant is beautiful! Basic menu , was not told about the special offer, only noticed this on the way to the loo!! I had lasagne, (very bland) hubby had the mixed kebab ...good choice, thought it was expensive! Nice play area for children, and cages for dogs.....in the sun!!!!
chrisjo

Postby jersey » 20 Apr 2013 22:48

What was the price? and drinks?
jersey

Postby jennieJ » 21 Apr 2013 07:24

we also went there for a meal, the starter was very good, egg plant stuffed with fetta but expensive at 6.50, the main we both had pasta, bolognese and a chilli one, both very bland think they were about 10 to 11 euro. cant remember the price for a glass of wine 3.50 comes to mind! Nice setting well planned out place and good décor.
jennieJ

Postby JOPLIC » 17 Jun 2013 07:39

We went to Sunset Breeze last night with friends who had been before and enjoyed it so much they wanted to return.

It is very nicely decorated and there are options for dining inside or out. The menu isn't huge but they have a few interesting choices that are a bit different to the norm. We thought the quality of food was very good and would go so far as to say that they were the best cooked rib eye steaks we have ever tasted - cooked medium and literally melt in mouth.

Our bill was €108 for which we got three starters (a 3 cheese platter, seafood tartlet and a huge bowl of vegetable soup), 4 main course - we all fancied the rib eye but I opted for surf and turf which was a smaller steak with 8 King Prawns on scewers. We did not have deserts but had three filter coffees instead. The meal had been washed down by a good bottle of Rose plus a diet coke and Keo shandy. We were given complimentary water melon and warmed brandies which were very well presented.

We will certainly return and thought it very good value for the quality of food and the attentive and friendly service..
JOPLIC

Location: Newcastle sometimes, Sea Caves not quite (Lower Peyia really!) often

Postby Pops » 17 Jun 2013 17:48

I totally agree, small but different menu and slightly more expensive than the norm but definitely worth the extra!!! The Welsh Lamb Chops are to die for!!
Pops
Pops

Postby Jim » 18 Jun 2013 06:28

No one took a camera? be nice to see what you had.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Pickles » 10 Jul 2013 13:37

I went here last night for a friend's birthday and it was a fabulous evening. We had so much fun, the food was amazing (the 1 vegetarian was delighted with choices suitable for her), friendly knowledgeable staff and a good singer who wasn't intrusive.

I had the platter of 3 local cheeses to start, others had the veggie platter for 2 which would've fed 4 without a problem, followed by a huge bowl of black mussels. The rib eye eaters in the group said it was juicy and well cooked, those who chose pasta said the same as did those who had the stuffed chicken breast.

Prices were reasonable for the standard of food that was served - the food bill was approx. €160 but I have no idea of the drinks bill as that was paid by our hosts.

It's very child friendly with a sand pit and slide etc, the ladies loo is downstairs along with the disabled one and the gents is upstairs. The new owners have really utilized the space very well and the overall atmosphere is one of light and airiness.

I will definitely be returning.
Pickles

Postby enigmatic » 25 Aug 2013 08:42

Went last night and very impressed.

Two of us had the lobster tails and they were excellent, one had king prawns in garlic and one had sea bass.

An excellent meal was had by all.

The staff are impressive highly attentive but not obtrusive.

Not a cheap meal but a very enjoyable one.

Highly recommended.
enigmatic

Sunset Breeze - near Cynthiana Beach Hotel

Postby amber » 19 Sep 2013 09:30

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/09/18/resta ... ze-paphos/

Restaurant review in the Cyprus Mail

The comfort food continues with their autumn menu of lamb shank with crushed potatoes, spare ribs, and mixed kebab, there is pasta, homemade pizza, along with seven main fish dishes all of which are sensitively cooked. Their Feta and Tomato tartlet is proof positive that Maria came top in the Cordon bleu pastry classes, as this dish alone would suffice as a perfect lunch when accompanied with salad and a glass of Tsangarides rosé. As for the puddings, choose from a classic Victoria sponge cake, Lemon tart with Italian meringue, and death by chocolate brownies with homemade ice cream.
non sibi sed omnibus
amber

Re: Sunset Breeze - near Cynthiana Beach Hotel

Postby Ageing Rocker » 19 Sep 2013 09:50

I found the readers comments after the article more interesting. There is even one by a CL member who is also a restaurateur, assuming the writer is the same 'rodent' as on CL! 8)
Ageing Rocker

Postby amber » 19 Sep 2013 10:18

I didn't get as far as reading the comments - just thought the article might be of interest if anyone was looking for somewhere to eat in that area of Paphos.
non sibi sed omnibus
amber

Postby Ageing Rocker » 19 Sep 2013 12:28

It's not the first time the restaurant has been reviewed on CL. It's the old 'Hollies' premises.
Ageing Rocker

Postby Jim » 01 Oct 2013 15:50

AR yes the first few replies on this thread did refer to the old Hollies and the ex owners.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby JeffH » 09 May 2014 15:42

Yesterday four of us enjoyed excellent lunchtime meals at Sunset Breeze. Maybe not the cheapest, but certainly great value for the quality of food presented to us, enforcing the old adage; "you get what you pay for".

We didn't go for the €7.99 lunchtime special, but went "a la carte", with there being an extensive menu to suit all tastes. However next time we'll likely try one of the "daily specials". Fish & Chips on a Tuesday sounds quite appealing, albeit it was home-made beef-burgers on Thursday, with adjacent diners saying how tasty their burgers were.

Service was friendly without being intrusively overbearing.
Jeff H
JeffH

Postby Wee Stumpy » 19 Apr 2015 16:49

Had our party last night at Sunset Breeze. Food and service was excellent. There were 36 0f us in our party plus other diners were in the Conservatory yet the service was still excellent and the food just as good as if there had only been 4 of us. We limited the menu for our party and gave the Restaurant prior notice of our requirements which helped I think. One point if you are going to do this then make sure you have a list of what everyone ordered because most of them forget!! Luckily we did!

Will definitely return!
Shelagh
Wee Stumpy

Postby snagov » 27 May 2015 13:52

:P An Update. As of May 2015.
We have used this restaurant since the day it opened
it is one of the best in Paphos and we continue to use it
regularly everything is just so and for the Sunday lunches it take a lot of beating
Thank you
Snagov LOL :)
snagov

Postby Wee Stumpy » 20 May 2016 21:03

Went back here again tonight and were not disappointed! I would definitely say that it is one of the top restaurants in Paphos and although not the cheapest it is still good value. We both had a starter( tartlets are amazing!!), two mains of duck and two desserts, 3 glasses of wine, 1 bottle of water for €66. I would rather go out less often and go here rather than a weekly visit to the cheaper places.
Shelagh
Wee Stumpy

Postby JeffH » 20 Jun 2016 09:17

We enjoyed Sunday lunch @ Sunset Breeze yesterday and once again came away well-impressed & full. Amazing value at €9.99 for the 3-course-set-menu meal. The roast beef was beautifully presented, not too rare, but certainly not over-cooked. The only minor criticism being that, in all our opinions, we felt the dessert mousse would have been better served chilled.
Jeff H
JeffH

Postby PeyiaMartin » 25 Jun 2016 08:06

Have never been disappointed by any of my many visits to Sunset Breeze. Their daily lunch deal Monday-Saturday - soup and dish of the day - is excellent value at 7.99
PeyiaMartin

Return to Restaurant & Bar recommendations.